Equipment Operator 3
Date Announced: 4/19/2013
Operate heavy, material-moving construction equipment to excavate, prepare, maintain and/or repair civil and heavy highway - related projects. Perform manual labor as assigned. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with indirect supervision.
* Operate heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage, or loss of life.
* Meet performance and technical standards required to qualify for Level 3 position.
* Safely operate heavy equipment in and among live traffic.
* Wear personal protective equipment.
* Perform daily safety and maintenance checks/procedures per operators manual.
* Ensure compliance with company quality control standards and procedures.
* Provide guidance and encouragement to promote teamwork that increases productivity and efficiency.
* Read the three views of a blueprint.
* Read grade stakes.
* Use a lock level.
* Assist Driver - Lowboy with approved loading and tie-down procedure.
* Perform daily lubrication of equipment as per operators manual.
* Complete required paperwork including Operators Daily Report.
* Perform manual labor such as digging or shoveling, assisting with placement of pipe and material, or other manual labor duties as assigned.
* Proactively and diplomatically communicate with Equipment Manager, Shop Superintendent, Leader, customers and peers concerning equipment and job-related problems.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisors direction.
* OSHA safe trenching regulations.
* Utility installation.
* Heavy construction equipment operation.
* Occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
* Construction operations.
* Basic and routine construction drawings, blueprints, sketches, diagrams and specifications.
* Soils, aggregate fill materials, bases, proper mixing and compacting techniques.
* Quality control standards and procedures.
* Recognize problems or errors at work site related to position.
* Make minor repairs and adjustments to equipment and detect problems with equipment.
* Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
* Learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Work with indirect supervision.
* Must be prompt, reliable and dependable with work schedule.
* Must have a valid drivers license for the state in which you resided with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Prefer high school graduate or equivalent.
* Prefer certificate or degree in Heavy Equipment Operation or related field.
* Prefer two years of experience operating heavy equipment.
* Ability to work in field environment with exposure to dust, exhaust fumes, noise, and vibration.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to physically climb in and out of equipment safely and operate levers or pedals to make fine, highly controlled muscular movements to adjust the position of control mechanisms.
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
* Ability to work in extreme hot and cold and adverse weather conditions.
* Ability to work and walk on uneven terrain.
* Ability to shovel.
* Ability to bend, sit, stoop, and stand for long periods of time in the outdoor weather.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
* Ability to work for prolonged periods with unscheduled breaks.
* Ability to work unscheduled overtime hours.
GOH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified or qualifiable women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.