Accounts Payable Specialist
Date Announced: 4/11/2014
Process accounts payable invoices for timely and accurate payment; interface with vendors and various internal offices providing courteous, friendly and professional assistance. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct and indirect supervision.
* Record, classify, and summarize accounting transactions.
* Compile various documents and verify their accuracy.
* Assemble documents for computer input; verify accuracy of itemized charges, account numbers, and totals.
* Select correct accounts; post and verify balance, debit, and credit entries; maintain journals.
* Maintain records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating, and purging.
* Respond to inquiries; check accounting transactions to locate and resolve discrepancies.
* Use various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
* Match invoices with packing slips and purchase orders, enter and post for payment.
* Process check runs as needed and requested by Controller.
* Maintain vendor records.
* Submit accrual list to Assistant Controller for month end report.
* Responsible for 1099 processing, mailing and report filing.
* Maintain vendor files.
* Offset entries with Accounts Receivable as directed by Controller or Assistant Controller.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisors direction.
* Other projects as assigned by Controller or Assistant Controller.
* Microsoft Office software applications.
* Matching packing slips or purchase orders to invoices.
* Basic accounting policies, procedures and systems.
* Differentiate between invoices and statements.
* Work efficiently and complete tasks quickly and accurately.
* Take and follow directions.
* Learn and follow GOH company policies and procedures.
* Strong typing, data entry, and computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Effective interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Associates degree in Accounting, Business or related field preferred.
* 3 years of accounts payable experience preferred.
* Previous construction industry experience preferred.
* Regularly required to talk and hear in conversations with customers.
* Frequently required to sit for sustained periods of time.
* Frequently required to perform use basic office equipment such as phones, computer, file cabinets, copier, etc.
* Frequently required to bend, stoop, kneel to file.
* Frequently required use fingers/hands to type and file.
* Occasionally lift and/or transport items weighing less than 25 pounds from one location to another.
* Must be able to see and read PC screens, read normal type size print.
GOH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified or qualifiable women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.