Date Announced: 7/24/2013
In coordination with General Superintendent, manage and administer heavy and highway construction and site development projects to ensure and promote good quality of product and job, productivity, safety, and development of employees. This salaried, exempt position will work with indirect supervision.
* In coordination with General Superintendent, manage projects from beginning to end, including but not limited to: providing an estimate for job cost to process, document acquisition, subcontract and purchase order setup, project scheduling, change order pricing and negotiation, contract administration, job cost review, billings, collections, project meetings and project closeout.
* In coordination with General Superintendent, manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect the companys interest and simultaneously maintain a good relationship with the customer.
* Support General Superintendent to ensure proper field management of awarded projects.
* Sell company products and services.
* Build and improve relationships with potential and existing customers.
* Assist in developing new and maintaining ongoing strategies for maximizing business opportunities.
* In coordination with General Superintendent, responsible for recruiting, training, hiring, and terminating craft employees to consistently improve project workforce.
* Interpret and enforce Company policies and procedures.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisors direction.
* Heavy and highway construction practices and techniques.
* Civil engineering and construction principles.
* Standard and special specifications.
* Testing standards.
* Estimating techniques, cost control, and material pricing.
* Common commercial, scheduling, and estimating software.
* Project management principles, practices, and methods.
* Methods of organizing, directing, and managing construction project teams.
* Project scheduling, cost estimating, and controls.
* Contract administration.
* Quality assurance methods and practices.
* Community relations practices.
* Progress payments, change orders, and claims.
* Principles of administration, leadership, supervision, and training.
* Safety regulations and procedures.
* Construction material characteristics and properties.
* Construction inspection practices and methods.
* Principles of budget preparation and administration.
* Learn, follow and enforce Company policies and procedures.
* Oversee complex construction site activities, contracts, and budgets.
* Prepare reports, business correspondence, and documents.
* Make effective oral presentations.
* Negotiate construction change orders.
* Plan, organize, and direct the work of others.
* Read and interpret blue prints, schematics, specifications and plans.
* Make field inspections and surveys.
* Use a computer and related office equipment.
* Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
* A valid drivers license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Must obtain and maintain all mandatory training.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Prefer Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Construction Management, or a closely related field.
* Prefer five years of experience in estimating and management of heavy and highway construction projects, including excavation, paving, underground utility, and site development.
* Ability to occasionally work in field environment with exposure to dust, noise, inclement weather conditions and extreme temperatures.
* Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Ability to use standard office equipment to include computers, copiers, faxes, etc.
* Ability to frequently use hands for typing, filing and performing other administrative duties.
GOH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified or qualifiable women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.